The Hirschmann Foundation is active both nationally and internationally. It focuses primarily on multi-year projects that it initiates, designs, and manages itself. Experts from the sponsorship areas guarantee quality and assessment. The projects usually last several years to ensure sustainability.
In addition to the multi-year grass roots projects, part of the award budget is available for one-off support for smaller projects.
The Administrative Office reviews applications on an ongoing basis and submits eligible applications to the Foundation's Board for decision three times a year (spring, summer, winter). Please submit the documents with sufficient lead time. It can take several months before the final funding decision is made by the Foundation Board. Please use the application form for submission.
What we sponsor:
What are the criteria for qualifying projects?
- The project must fit into the foundation's purpose.
- the project must contribute to at least one of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) SDG 3, SDG 4 and SDG 8
- We provide funding for contributions to vocational training and continuing education as well as to scientific research in specific focus areas.
Which projects or which institutions are not sponsored?
- Organisations whose objectives do not conform to the objectives of the Hirschmann Foundation
- simple building applications
- simple organisational support without any reference to a project or to a person
- individual scholarships without any reference to one of our sponsored scholarship programmes
- personal debts of individuals
- support of a commercial organisation or project with a predominantly commercial background
Your sponsorship application
Before submitting your application, please check whether your project meets the requirements for sponsorship. Please submit your application by e-mail with the application form completed together with the relevant enclosures.
- Only completed application dossiers will be processed.
- Applications sent by post will not be answered.
- You will be informed by e-mail about the decision of the Foundation's Board when the time permits.
- There is no entitlement to sponsorship.
- Requests for reconsideration are not permitted.
- By communicating with us by e-mail or by submitting an application, you confirm that you have read and accepted our privacy statement.
Frequently asked questions
Below you will find precise answers to the most frequently asked questions
Does the Foundation support projects of other organisations or only its own projects?
Our foundation operates both in at an operational level and as a sponsor. This means that we develop our own projects as well as support third-party projects, always in cooperation with expert partners.
Which are the areas that are supported?
We support sustainable projects of non-profit organisations in the fields of science, education, social affairs, and development cooperation.
What are the regions where we support projects?
We support both national and international organisations and their projects.
Which amounts of sponsorship do we grant to projects?
The sponsorship of multi-year projects initiated by us is based on the impact potential and the operational needs of the project. Smaller projects are supported on a one-off basis with a smaller contribution.
How can I apply for a sponsorship?
First check under "What we sponsor" whether you meet the requirements for sponsorship. If so, you can submit the completed application form with the enclosures mentioned in it by e-mail to kontakt_at_hirschmann-stiftung.ch.
Are there deadlines for submitting the application?
No, we do not have any deadlines. The administrative office reviews the applications on an ongoing basis and submits the qualifying applications to the Board of Trustees three times a year (spring, summer, winter) for approval. We will communicate the decision to you by e-mail.
How long before the project begins must the application be submitted?
Please submit your documents with a sufficient run-up time, at least 6 months before the beginning of the project. This allows us plenty of time for any queries.
Who makes the decisions?
The Foundation Board decides about the sponsorship of projects that meet the Foundation's objectives and the sponsorship policy.
What happens after the sponsorship has been approved?
If you have been approved for one-off sponsorship, you will receive a letter with the conditions that must be fulfilled in order to receive payment. Among other things, this includes information about concretely planned activities, the definitive financing plan, and the planned reporting.
If a project is scheduled to run for several years, we jointly prepare a project contract that defines the basics of the cooperation. This agreement specifies the sponsorship amount, the duration, the payment schedule, the milestones, and the scheduled reporting.
Which projects or which institutions will not be sponsored?
Organisations with a purpose that is not in conformity with the objectives of the Hirschmann Foundation.
Only applications for building grants
Only organisational support without any reference to a project or a person
Individual scholarships without reference to one of our funded scholarship programmes
Private debts of individuals
Support of a commercial organisation or a project with a predominantly commercial purpose
Is there an entitlement to receive a grant if the prerequisites for a grant mentioned by us are met?
The answer is no. There is no entitlement to receive a grant. Requests for reconsideration do not apply.