Integration Projects at Swiss Vocational Colleges
Personal dedication overcomes barriers
The Hirschmann Foundation, with its project, aims to strengthen the positive currents.
The project’s goal is to overcome cultural barriers, in daily common life, overcoming prejudices as well as linguistic and mental barriers. The Foundation provides the financial means for student-teacher-projects and student-projects.
- the organization of group activities such as athletic competitions, theatrical or musical events
- the production of video recordings and school newsletters
- cooperative internet projects (interesting website for vocational students)
- shared environmental projects (e.g. cleaning of brooks, rebuilding of dry-stacked stone walls, maintenance of footpaths)
- participation in workshops on cultural customs
- organization of social events such as excursions for the elderly or disabled persons
- organization of a soup kitchen, etc).
- Such projects may be funded up to approximately CHF 10,000 for each project. The Foundation will contribute about CHF 100,000 yearly.
PartnerPartner of the Hirschmann Foundation is the "Verein Integration in Aktion".
2008 - 2020 in cooperation with Swissuniversities Chamber of universities of applied sciences
2018 - 2021 in cooperation with EMPA/EAWAG, Pädagogische Hochschule Luzern, Suissetec
2008 - 2020 in cooperation with Verein Integration in Aktion
2012 - 2020 in cooperation with Swiss Youth Music Contest Foundation, Zurich
2018 - 2020 in cooperation with Ana Aqra Association, Luminos Fonds und UBS Optimus Foundation
2018 in cooperation with Zentrumbildung Wirtschaftsschule KV Baden
2013 - 2020 in cooperation with Verein Lernwerk
2017 - 2019 in cooperation with LU Couture Luzern
2018 - 2020 in cooperation with Swisscontact
2017 - 2019 in cooperation with Swiss Centre of Expertise in Human Rights (SCHR), Univesity Bern
2014 - 2021 in cooperation with KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zürich
2014 - 2020 in cooperation with Gehirn- und Trauma-Foundation Chur and University Hospital Zürich
2016 - 2018 in cooperation with the association foraus
2016 - 2018 in cooperation with Paul Scherrer Institute PSI and novatlantis
2016 - 2018 in cooperation with Henry Doubleday Research Association Garden Organic
of the Hirschmann Foundation